Music Videos - Writeup

From the videos I saw at www.musicradar.com, a lot of them weren't exactly my style, and most of them were sorta strange.  In my opinion, I really though The Notwist - Pick Up the Phone was quite creative, and interesting. The stop motion effects were quite unique, and eye-catching. Through the ages, the lighting improved (more vibrant), and the videos were more oriented around the artist.

The Arcade Fire music video is something very personal, for everyone. It makes the video oriented around you, which is something that's not possible in other music videos.


For future music videos, I think there will be more advanced filming and more dramatic scenes. Of course, this would be different for every music video to fit the style of the music, but it's something thats constantly improving in music videos.



For my music video analyses, I chose Runaway by Kanye West, which was released in 2010.
The music itself is not much of my taste, but the filming interest me, so I decided to talk about it.


  • The pacing is very controlled, and flows well with the music.
  • The artistic style is kept to very warm colours, especially in the beginning.
  • The lighting starts off very dim to create an ambient feel. As the music video gets to the chorus, the lighting changes back to a regular "sunlight" style.
The video expresses the emotional theme by creating a very ambient and calm feeling.


Comments

Post a Comment