Typography Exploration

My word for this typography exploration assignment was obliterate. In a nutshell, obliterate means to destroy something; to get rid of. I chose this word as I had a few ideas on my mind how to express it, and in result this is what I achieved.

I used a bold, rough font to start off my design. I quickly converted the type to outlines and began to move the letters around. After I was satisfied with the position I added a gradient to further describe the word. Lastly I scaled the letters to give a fade-away effect. The cracked letters were done through the pathfinder tool, and the overall position of the word was centered on purpose, for a centered composition.

The final result turned out how I wanted it, with the text being scaled and fading away at the same time. When reading the word, you can see the general meaning without even looking at the definition below.

Comments

Post a Comment